SFPC volunteers work diligently beside others in the community and provide financial support for many. Perhaps the church’s greatest contribution lies in the hearts and minds of its members, as they seek to deepen their Christian faith in service to their neighbors in Frankfort and in the world.
October is the season for pumpkins, trick or treat, gold and red falling leaves and the SFPC Annual Fall Bazaar.
The Bazaar raises money that is donated to SFPC programs, local non-profit organizations and worldwide missions. Unfortunately, like many events this year, we are unable to safely hold the Bazaar in person. So, SFPC Presbyterian Women are offering two innovative ways to raise much-needed funds.
1) Donations to Home Again Consignments. In past years, a big component of the Bazaar has been the indoor yard sale. Don’t dismay! There is still a way to donate your new and gently used furniture and household goods ALL YEAR LONG. SFPC Presbyterian Women now has an account at Home Again Consignments in the shopping center across from Juniper Hill Park. Items can be taken to Home Again Consignments and SFPC PW will receive 40% of the selling price. These profits will provide an ongoing fundraiser in order to provide money to our community.
There are specific requirements that have to be met before dropping off items. Please read the item policies below and contact Home Again Consignments before taking anything to them. Upon the sale of items donated in the name of SFPC PW, our account will then receive a check from your generous consignments.
Home Again Consignments Item Policy
827 Louisville Road, Frankfort
Call 502-699-2711 to schedule a time to drop off items.
Large items require a photo that can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or texted to 502-330-1175 with a contact number listed.
- Must be clean and in good condition
- Will be examined to determine if saleable
- All items are priced by Home Again unless otherwise agreed upon
- The commission to the consignor is 40% of the item’s final selling price
*NOT ACCEPTED: clothing, bedding, appliances, sets of dishes (unless agreed upon), mattresses, box springs, select pictures or entertainment centers.
2) Send a check. The second opportunity to participate is to simply make a donation to SFPC PW. Consider what you would have spent at the Bazaar bake sale, yard sale, lunch and auction baskets and then write a check to SFPC PW with “Bazaar” notated in the memo line. The entire amount, 100%, will go to worthy recipients such as those listed below. Send your checks by November 30 to SFPC, 224 Steele St., Frankfort, KY 40601 Attention: Bazaar.
Outreach – our largest and most active group – offers opportunities for skilled and unskilled labor(cleaning, painting, furniture assembly, carpentry, etc.) for short-term community, regional and international mission projects, and preparation and cleanup for scheduled community meals.
Here are some of the organizations SFPC supports:
Access Soup Kitchen/Men’s Shelter
CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)
Franklin County Emergency Food Pantry
Franklin County Senior Center
Franklin County Women's Shelter
Habitat for Humanity
King's Daughters Apartments
ROSM (Resource Office for Social Ministries)
The Kings Center
Regional and National missions
Bellewood Children's centers
Buckhorn Children's Center
Luta and Jeremy Garbat-Welch as our PCUSA mission co-workers in Malawi
Hope for Tomorrow Children's home in Guatemala
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (world wide)